The James Family

The James Family

Friday, August 29, 2014

And He's OFF

Ohhh...Cole's first day of school!  I can't tell you the anxiety I have felt the last 6 months for this day!  And it went 100% better than I ever imagined through a lot of prayer and giving it to God I was at total peace the first day...not a single tear shed by any of us! 

Now lets get to Cole...He was so excited about today!  He couldn't wait for the day to come.  We are blessed that he is in my sisters class this year, its helping me adjust a little easier although I think he would have been fine in any class. 

I picked him up several times this week and he complained that school went WAY too fast and wasn't ready to go home yet, he also added in that he really hadn't had time to miss us much!  Answered prayers, I would really be having a hard time if he was having a hard time! 

 
Apparently we live so far out that there really aren't kids around here to share a bus ride with Cole.  We knew we had no "neighbors" per say, but we assumed there were kids that lived at the different dairies on 385 to our house, apparently NOT.  Anyhow, Cole has had a personal driver a few mornings/afternoons this week and I guess its going to be this way for now.  He has really learned to really like Mr. Joe picking him up in the mornings and I am sure talks his ear off all the way to town! 
 
It's still hard to believe that he is old enough to be headed to school...I am so grateful and blessed for the years I got to have him to myself at home.  He has always been my little shadow at home along doing whatever I was doing.  I am going to cherish this alone time that Judson and I have until the new baby arrives in March.  He asks me a couple of time a day where his Cole is, and then quickly remembers he is at school!   We are looking forward to the weekend, when we can stay up a little later and hopefully sleep a little later!  We are becoming routine people!

No comments:

Post a Comment