The James Family

The James Family

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

40 +5

We had our last official OB appointment on 3/25, I am officially 40 5/7 pregnant!  We had a sono to look at fluid, baby's activity and size.  Well, size seems to have won out on this sono...estimated baby at 9lbs 11oz. The sonographer, Levi and I were all in denial, there was NO way that the baby had gained 3lbs in 4 weeks!  Levi joked that the baby would have gained better than his fat cattle in the feedlot...that's a little francher joke for you!   

Needless to say, following the sono we saw Dr Freeman and he said he would let me continue to try to go into labor on my own...this had been my ultimate goal since both boys were induced. But only until 41 weeks Saturday, which he said really meant an induction on Friday.  I had this all planned in my mind how awesome it would be to have a fast, natural labor...I had dreamed and researched about it for months.  However, the  9lbs 11oz. Estimate ultimately won out...we scheduled an induction for the next day.  We decided since the boys were already taken care of it was silly to go home for one night just to come back on Friday.  PLUS this meant we could be home by Friday night if all went well and enjoy the weekend at home with new baby and both boys! 






No comments:

Post a Comment