The James Family

The James Family

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Disney Day One

I have decided that I am going to break up our trip to Disney World day by day.  I want to remember exactly what we did each day...we had a great time and would recommend going, but you  MUST be ready to walk, Walk, and WALK!!!

Disney Day One

We left on Monday the 21st on the 930 flight to Dallas and then we were to leave at 1255 to Orlando and arrive at Disney around 430.  Our check in, security and first flight was great from Amarillo to Dallas, Judson slept the entire short ride and Cole played games on the phone.  We arrived at DFW and knew we had about 2 hours until our next flight left...or so we thought.  We went to check what gate we needed to be at and in BIG RED LETTERS...CANCELLED!!!

Now for a little back ground neither Levi or myself are big travelers so we went to the nearest American desk and began to see what we needed to do.  I was disgusted because the neurotic Type A personality that I am had made reservations that night for a pirate dinner and fireworks on the water.  I was so sad because I knew we were now going to miss that.  I had wanted to make use of every minute we had at Disney and now Monday night was ruined and to make matters worse that was the only night we could have went on the pirate cruise.

The lady that helped us from American was very nice and got us spots on a flight from DFW to Orlando leaving at 655 pm and arriving at 1035.  My thought was what are we going to do with 2 kids in the airport for 8 hours!!  We were on standby for the next flight at 155...but needing four spots was not very likely.  We got a voucher for free lunch so we went and made the best of it. We did not make the 155 standby so were were placed again on the 330 flight and again we did not make it.  By this time we had been ALL over the airport trying to get on standy and entertain the kids...I finally broke my own rules and let the kids play on the airport play area!!  GROSS...but we were desperate for some entertainment   The flight at 530 was our next option for standby and we knew we were the top three spots with Judson on my lap...but still we figured it was a LONG shot to get on.  We were standing around waiting and we hear them call MY name...thank you Jesus!!!  Not only did we get on but we got upgraded to FIRST class because of the day we had...I must say if I ever get Levi to fly again we will only be doing it FIRST CLASS!!  Cole slept the entire time and I wrestled Judson...thank goodness for a nice man that sat behind us...Judson stood up alot and gave him his best princess wave and repeated "HI" at least a 100 times.

We finally landed in Orlando and made our way to the Magical Express and were on our way to the hotel at 11.  We got checked in and into our room by midnight and of course the boys did NOT want to sleep.  I was so grateful that when we opened up our room our luggage was waiting for us.  I can't imagine the nightmare we would have had if it had been lost!!   I didn't get a ton of pictures this first day....but we had a great story to tell!!

A cat nap in the airport...


Thank goodness for some electronic entertainment!


FIRST CLASS...he was asleep before we took off!


Flying in style...


And the wrestling began!!

No comments:

Post a Comment