The James Family

The James Family

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

WEANING Disclaimer attached!!!!

DISCLAIMER!!!  FOR SOME OF YOU THIS MAY BE TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!

I wanted to remember when this happened for Judson and I...so here is a short blog.  Last week I decided it was time to wean Judson...he was only nursing at bedtime and occasionally at nap and at times when he was waking up at night.  I decided he was waking up more at night to nurse.  I knew it was time to stop but since he turned one I kept telling myself he would give it up.  WELL...he wasn't stopping anytime on his own terms. 

So last week I decided it was time...right before he turned 18 months (where has the time gone).  He was mad at me for a few days, we always nursed to sleep, our own little bad habit, but such a sweet one.  Since, we have started reading some books at bedtime and still snuggling and rocking till he falls asleep!  Again I know some of you are gasping, but it is such a sweet time for me!! 

I won't lie last week was rough...most nights there was a period where he was awake for two hours and refused to go to sleep.  This week has proved to be better so far...last night he slept from 8-7:30 without a peep or squeak!!

Although, it was hard to give up this time for just the two of us...I know it was time!!  He is growing so fast and is such a sweet yet ornery little guy!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment